netFLEX® provides a full range of performance monitoring and performance management (PM) visibility and analysis tools. These include support for
- WDM & TDM Transport PM
- Ethernet PM
- Ethernet SLA/OAM
An available Enhanced Performance Management (EPM) solution for transport networks provides additional capabilities and tools. EPM allows netFLEX to be integrated with a ticket system to automate
- Alarm to ticket creation and dispatching
- Identifying and monitoring of chronic troubles
- Reducing repeat reports and other network measurable metrics
netFLEX® PM gives users what they need to
- keep their transport network up and running smoothly
- proactively locate potential network bottlenecks and problems
- address issues before they affect service
netFLEX® transport performance management can automatically or manually schedule and retrieve 15 minute and 24 hour PM across all supported WDM, SONET, and TDM network elements that have PM capability.
Data includes all non-zero performance events. It is collected at user-defined times, reported on demand, and also stored to enable detailed trending analysis. Circuit counts are sortable by worst to best performance.
netFLEX® transport PM enables providers to quickly determine priority of circuit maintenance, in order to reduce circuit failures
netFLEX® supports real-time collection and Ethernet PM analysis across a wide range of vendor network element types, presenting the results to the user via its central GUI interface and powerful reporting. Features include
- User definable timeframe and statistics collected
- Direct retrieval of data from network elements
- Manual and automatic refresh of data
- Auto-protect capabilities to minimize network congestion.
Performance management and service level agreement (SLA) reports provide all necessary information about transmit and receive volumes, peak and average utilizations, and errors for services and interface ports.
Additional Ethernet PM capabilities include a forecast module to help predict exhaust, a threshold based reporting tool to help users focus on key parameters, and tools to display and analyze day to day Ethernet traffic growth.
The solution supports standard Y.1731 and 802.x for Ethernet OAM/SLA performance management for selected network elements to provide latency (packet delay), packet loss, delay variation (or jitter), and availability/MTTR information.
netFLEX® Ethernet PM provides exceptional Ethernet traffic visibility and analysis.
Enhanced Performance Management (EPM)
netFLEX® supports a robust performance management (EPM) capability for wave and TDM circuits. netFLEX® EPM enables users to view collected PM and active alarms on specified circuits and associated ports. It captures, analyzes and tracks circuit degradation problems for resolution before they become customer reports. Features include
- Calculation of a circuit level Percent Quality Value (PQV) component for each port in a circuit
- Graphical analysis of PQV trends
- Fast identification of the worst performing facilities
- Instant views of improvement and degradation indicators
- Optional “state” worklists where the user can flag poor performers for more frequent monitoring, further investigation, and resolution.
netFLEX’s EPM support EPM has demonstrated the ability to
- Significantly reduce customer report rates
- Reduce trouble clearance times
- Improve customer circuit up-time performance
- Dramatically reduce personnel costs including service rebates that may be associated with SLA offerings.
< Previous | Next >