Improve Network Uptime
Multi-Vendor, Multi-Technology Fault Management
netFLEX’s multi-vendor, multi-technology fault management solution enables users to monitor their networks as single seamless entities, rather than as fragmented collections of parts. This allows users to
- Monitor WDM, SONET, TDM, Ethernet and other gear in ONE system, ONE view, displaying the network how it really exists, INTEGRATED TOGETHER
- Integrate Optical, TDM, & Ethernet alarms into ONE list for monitoring. TL1, SNMP, CLI communication methods to network devices are all supported.
- Capture faults in two ways, proactively and reactively, reducing mean time to repair.
A missed alarm can leave undetected problems in a network. netFLEX®, which is scalable from small to several hundred thousand managed network elements and devices, remotely supervises the network to
- Capture network messages in real-time
- Analyze captured messages for type of alarm and severity
- Correlate them to affected network elements, circuits, and cards
- Present them to GUI users, email recipients, and even to other systems
- Store alarm data for historical analysis.
netFLEX’s network visibility solution ensures that users never miss any alarms.
netFLEX’s powerful web GUI represents each one of a user’s network elements and devices as icons on a network map. Both icons and reports are color coded for alarm severity and status. Users can drill down from dashboard to detail with just a few clicks. For users not at the GUI, alerts can also be sent by email.
netFLEX® makes users aware of new alarms in just moments, enabling them to
- Identify and correct faults sooner
- Reduce mean time to repair
- Increase network uptime.
For users with consolidated fault management systems that span all of their telephony infrastructure, netFLEX® can provide SNMP, TL1, MTOSI and ASCII delivery of fault data to those systems via robust Northbound interfaces.
netFLEX® Alarm/Trap Forwarding enables users to easily incorporate netFLEX® into their operations support hierarchy.
netFLEX® clearly represents network elements and devices on a map of the user’s network.
At a glance, netFLEX® users can easily
- View how the network is connected together
- Correlate faults to affected equipment
- Locate problems precisely, even in a network of equipment from multiple vendors with multiple technologies.
Chronic problem analysis
netFLEX's real-time capture of network element alarms and alerts is stored to a powerful ‘alarm list’ for problem analysis. Users can query and filter the list by a variety of fields including current alarm status, circuit ID, severity, alarm type, and equipment type, and can generate custom views and reports. netFLEX® also enables users to graph alarms over time.
This means that users can
- Distinguish glitches from chronic problems
- Improve the quality and operations of their network over time.
< Previous | Next >